Friday, July 11, 2008

There's no place like home....


Hello all, we are finally home. Europe was an amazing experience. I enjoyed it thoroughly and am happy to be home. I thought I would post the things I love about being home and the things I will miss about Europe.

Things I love about being home:

1. My own bathroom
2. My own bed
3. Driving
4. Ice
5. Air Conditioning
6. Alone time
7. Fabric Softener
8. Dry shoes (it rained almost everyday of the vacation)
9. Diet coke is cheaper than beer
10. Spicy food

Things I miss about Europe

1. Blue sky
2. Beautiful buildings and art everywhere you go
3. Functional public transportation
4. Beer is cheaper than Diet Coke
5. Water conservation is everywhere.
6. Cars are small and fuel efficient
7. Rain
8. Everyone lives a slower pace of life
9. Self-cleaning toilets
10. People go out of their way to help strangers

I will have more reflections later on, but I am really happy to be home! Thanks for sharing in the journey.

Heather

1 comment:

RBFDMIKE said...

OK SURVIVORS,
Nice Blog Adventure! Wish you had posted your itinerary early on so I could have given you a great beer garden in Munchen. 4000 Germans mit families swilling beer in a park with no fights. As Macarthur once said, You will return! MR